Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summertime Thoughts

It's official! Summertime is CHAOS! I had to say enough is enough! I have three children so, you can only imagine the scheduling madness. This month each child has a summer camp to attend. Please notice I said A summer camp like ONE. I don't understand why parents think children need to be on a schedule so packed with activities. I am a strong believer that children need a chance to be a kid and PLAY!
We also continue with school work though not on a FULL SPEED AHEAD (Yes, my hubby and I were in the Navy.) Three months is just too long to go without stimulating the brain with information that it needs to remember.
The kids will spend their 2-weeks with the grandparents in another during the first two weeks of July. I know, I know -- imagine the peace and quiet that I could enjoy during those two weeks. Actually, I use those two weeks for planning, developing and acquiring the curriculum that I need for the upcoming year. I have to be organized or I get discouraged. Does that happen to you too?
So by the time August comes around -- we are ready to go back to school! The kids in area will be going to school for an amazing 160 days this upcoming year. Yes, that's right - One hundred and sixty days out of three hundred and sixty five days in a year. That's 1/3 of a year -- what on earth is this country doing to the children of this country? The answer is DUMBing them down!

No comments:

Post a Comment