Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Religious Discrimination Alive and Well

As the title suggested, our religious belief is under attack not just because one of the presidential candidates happens to be of the same belief. No rather due to the fact that our religion is STILL not seen as a Christian belief.  This is a difficult subject for me as I don't understand why we are not seen as Christians when the name of our church clearly states, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  We believe in Jesus Christ, which is the most basic terminology for a Christian, so frustrating!

Where does this little rant come from??? Well, apparently, even though I have the educational background of a lot of educators in the public school system, in the homeschool world of co-op I am not allowed to teach due to my religious preference.  Yes, that's right I have been told that they will not hire me (even with the two degrees I have) because I am NOT Christian! Wait, what! I AM A CHRISTIAN!  How hard is this to comprehend?  What does it take to end the religious discrimination, it's crazy?

So, what do I do???  We are leaving the current homeschool co-op because of this CRAZY religious discrimination.  Thankfully, we did find somewhere for the penguins to attend a homeschool co-op which has openly accepted us as of right now, hopefully that will stay true throughout the next school year.

Has anyone else had to deal with this issue?? Am I only one who thinks it's crazy that in 2012 we are still discriminating against one another???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment