Friday, March 12, 2010

Monopoly counts as Math, right?

The kids played monopoly the "correct" way for at least a few hours today. So, I am going to count this as math class because they were actively working with money during those hours. Other than reading aloud and cooking tonight, I am going to have to call it a day. We have an additional kid with us today, so I am not being lazy. I just can't seem to get everyone to move in the same way today! Monday is another day!

P.S. Tracking the weather counts as Science, right? We have been tracking yet another winter storm across our state today too.

3 comments:

  1. YEP! Monopoly is math!! Love it!

    Dawn from WaltonCoHomeschoolers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually really good math! And economics, and social studies, and even psychology! We love it here in CA, too!

    I read that you're looking for some good math help... $20 at Grey Olltwitt's site for educational software will reap dividends. My boys finally memorized their math facts (and the elements and tons of other stuff) with those little games. You can get his link on my blog: www.worldstaracademy.com. Have fun tracking your weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information! I will definitely looking into those sites!

    We actually live in GA though I grew up in California. I miss being able to go to the beach and the mountains in the same day!

    ReplyDelete